Propaganda & Mass Persuasion: Todays Freedom

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Todays Freedom

This ad, struck me in a way where i felt offended. I don't think his was a powerful ad. Maybe it had a mark around the time it was first produced, however if this ad was put in one of today's magazines or newspapers. I don't think it would have a pleasant response from the citizen's of today's America.

Hopefully, I wouldn't see a list of dead ad wounded soilder, because that's an intimate subject among their family members however, if I were to see one, my prayers go out to them, their family and friends.

...You may think i take my "freedom" for granted, I don't. I do realize and understand people from all over the world fight to come and reside in America. But I also know that since we live in America other Americans, who aren't "at the front" have no business asking me "what did [I] do for freedom?" knowing well off that they sure didn't commit a Nobel Prize to save a life, or start up any "Citizens Service Corp."

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Mattson said...

Always start your post with a clear description of what your are discussing, not everyone will have the material in front of them.

Why do you think that strong images like this were used during the war? Were such powerful image necessary for mobilization when softer images lost their influence? Perhaps the reason we don't see such images during the current conflict has little to do with our modern sensitivity to images of dead soldiers and more to do with the fact that we are not in the midst of the kind of serious mass mobilization necessary for survival during a major conflict.

3/18/2009 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home