Propaganda & Mass Persuasion: Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism


Today's video, "Outfoxed" was very thought provoking and I really want to look at the other news outlets to see how they portray their version of the news. I was first introduced to the fox news point of view during Michael Moore's documentary, "Fahrenheit 911"in which he discussed the correlation between Fox and George W. Bush. I'm not a fan of Fox news although I have tuned in to The O'Reilly Factor. I agree with the point of view the documentary that Fox is favorable for Republicans but I also want to see if the other new organizations are favorable toward liberals. I watch CNN and other forms of media but I never actually though about their agenda because it doesn't seem as obvious as Fox news.
This is a little off topic but I just wanted to also comment on the decision by NBC to play parts of the tape sent in by the Virginia Tech murderer. We have been discussing how people are complaining that they are not getting enough news information, especially when it comes to war. I think that playing parts of the video was their responsibility because it was a part of a major news story. I do not think they crossed the line because they did not show much of it and it was not done for sick gratification. It was as tasteful as it could be and if the information was withheld, there would be plenty of people complaining about it. NBC was in kind of a lose, lose situation.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Mattson said...

A good discussion.

Yes, the FOX bias is more obvious but that doesn't mean that the other networks don't have their own political perspectives.

NBC was in a difficult position. Their job is to report the news, it would have been very difficult no to show the footage. Networks shouls always err on the side of greater disclosure, not less.

5/08/2007 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home