Propaganda & Mass Persuasion: No News is No News

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No News is No News

This article shocked me that the truth was distorted from the public. The Pentagon was putting restrictions and we still didn't have the story what what happened earlier in the invasion. The question is why would they do that? I just boggles my mind because why would they do that. The article said that reporters have to work under the supervision of the press officers and hand in stories for review to determine if they contain sensitive information" They basically just want to have their own guidelines of censorship. In my view I think the public should get only the truth because if they find out the brutalities of the war, they would get even more upset for not being able to know about it. This influenced my perception of what is being told to the the public. I think from now on, I'll always question whether news is altered or not.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Mattson said...

Yes, the image of the war is distorted. Yes, there is censorship. On the other hand there is a lot of good reporting as well. Even during the first Gulf War. Remember the article you are reading is an example of good reporting.

5/07/2007 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home